Culbertson Covered Bridge

This 94’ bridge spans Treacle Creek and was built in 1868 by Reuben Partridge.

There are canopies on both sides of the bridge and scrolls located at each end. The bridge was originally located on State Route 4 and was moved prior to 1953. In 1961 the bridge underwent repairs and piers were added to give extra support. In 1977 a “run around” was constructed for farm equipment and other large, heavy vehicles. In 1987 the bridge was rehabilitated. Glue laminate girders were installed with glue laminated floor beams suspended from the girders.

Bigelow Covered Bridge

This historic bridge was built in 1873 and spans 114 feet of Little Darby Creek. The bridge was named in honor of Eliphas Bigelow, a nearby resident. In 1990 the bridge underwent an extensive renovation. Massive nail-laminated arches were seated into new concrete foundations. The arch system now carries the weight of traffic on this bridge.